Hero Canine Consulting Service Policies
Payment, Refund and Cancellation Policy – Individual Sessions, Packages and Group Classes
Individual Sessions and Packages
- Due to the highly dynamic and individualized nature of our services, a non-refundable DEPOSIT (admin fee) of $25.00 for individual sessions and packages is required in order to secure a reservation. The deposit is forfeited if the individual session or first session of a package is not scheduled within 45 days of the agreement and deposit submission.
- Remaining balance for each INDIVIDUAL session is payable at the end of each session via cash or check.
- Remaining balance for a PACKAGE is payable in full at the end of the first session via cash or check.
- 4-session packages must be completed within 6 weeks unless otherwise agreed. Sessions not completed within set time period will be forfeited.
- All scheduled private lessons (individual sessions or package sessions) must be cancelled or rescheduled a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time. Late cancellations and "No-Shows" will be charged at the normal rate.
- No refunds for packages after the first session. In some situations credits can be transferred to another service.
- Payment in full is required for all group classes at the time of booking.
- Group classes and package fees include a $25.00 non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellations within 14 days receive a full refund minus deposit. Cancellations within 7 days receive a 50% refund minus deposit. No refund within 72 hours of confirmed appointment/class start.
- No refunds for group classes after the first session. In some situations credits can be transferred to another service.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone group classes in the case of inclement weather or lack of registrations. If classes are canceled, clients will receive either a partial or full refund for the canceled sessions.
- Client cancellation or rescheduling request must be in writing and will be confirmed by return email. Cancellation will not be valid without a written confirmation of receipt from HeRo Canine Consulting LLC. Client is solely responsible to verify that HeRo Canine Consulting LLC has received their cancellation or rescheduling request.
- Fee for returned checks due insufficient funds: $30 per transaction.
Payment, Refund and Cancellation Policy - Seminars
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration to reserve a spot in the seminar.
- Full refund up to 45 days prior to Seminar, minus $25.00 administrative fee
- 50% refund up to 21 days prior to Seminar
- No refunds within 20 days of the Seminar
- No refund for no-shows
- Non-working spots may be transferred to another person. The person originally registered is responsible for organizing replacement and must give 24 hours' notice prior to the seminar and provide HeRo with the name, phone number and email address of the replacement.
The person originally registered is responsible for organizing reimbursement.
An additional administrative fee of $25.00 applies, to be paid by check, money order or cash to HeRo Canine Consulting, by the replacement person at the sign-in desk.
- Cancellation must be in writing and will be confirmed by return email. Cancellation will not be valid without a written confirmation of receipt from HeRo Canine Consulting LLC. Seminar registrant is solely responsible to verify that HeRo Canine Consulting LLC has received their cancellation.
We service the local area within a 20 15-mile range of our home for private sessions. Travel within that range is included in our professional fees. Mileage fees will apply to clients outside our service area. There is an additional charge of $4.00 per mile.
Additional travel expenses will incur for coaching days or in-person seminars/workshops, e. g. (airplane ticket, taxi/shuttle/rental car, personal car mileage, baggage fees, lodging, meals and tips, and other necessary travel-related expenses)
What's my mileage?
- We offer a 10% discount for shelter/rescue dogs within 6 months of their adoption. A copy of adoption contract from non-profit 501(c)(3) organization required at the time of reservation/registration.
- All discounts/coupons must be presented at the time of registration, no exceptions.
Waiver of Liability and Informed Consent (incl. COVID-19 Waiver)
Hereinafter, HeRo Canine Consulting, LLC of Suwanee, Georgia, will be referred to as “HeRo”. Silke Wittig will be referred to as "Consultant". In-person or virtual training classes (individual, semi-private, groups), coaching days and seminars/workshops conducted or hosted by HeRo Canine Consulting, LLC will be referred to as “Events”.
Client attests that to the best of his/her knowledge s/he does not have COVID-19 at the time of or attending a HeRo Event, and understands the risks of unknowing exposure to this and other illnesses by or to him/herself, his/her family, other participants and third parties. Client has not been tested and found positive, is not waiting for test results, and does not have symptoms. Client agrees that s/he will not knowingly expose others to any illness s/he may have or be at risk to have. Client will follow all HeRo rules and requirements to reduce any exposure and possibility of contracting or spreading the virus. Client will also fully cooperate with and follow any City, County, or State guidelines that have jurisdiction in the area in which the event is taking place. If any of the above should change prior to Client’s arrival at an Event or during the completion of an Event that is the subject of this consent, s/he will inform HeRo and proceed accordingly in light of the new information.
Client agrees that s/he is attending an Event entirely at his/her own risk and assumes all risk and full responsibility for his/her own health, wellbeing, and safety during a HeRo event. Client fully agrees that HeRo, Consultant, the officers, board members, and volunteers are in no way liable for any present or future COVID-19 exposure incurred at any time by any person in attendance or not in attendance, during or after this event.
Client understands that attendance at an Event is not without risk to him/herself, members of their family, guests who may attend, or their dog, because some of the dogs to which s/he will be exposed may be difficult to control and may be the cause of injury and/or damage even when handled with the greatest amount of care.
Client understands that Consultant will work directly with him/her and his/her dog to impart contemporary animal behavior knowledge and training that best fits their needs, and that successful programs depend on a combination of learned skills on the part of the dog and owner. Behavior is not static; an animal will not continue to perform even trained behaviors without ongoing practice. Especially in cases involving any type of aggression, although behavior may be modified, the dog is never considered "cured". A pet's behavior is ultimately the owner's responsibility. Consultant will make every reasonable effort to help Client attain goals but makes no guarantees of performance on the part of Client or dog as a result of providing professional animal behavior consultation and training.
Client acknowledges that training/behavior modification may be an activity in which damage or injury to dog(s) and/or persons may occur. Client will assume full financial/moral responsibility for the actions of their dog(s). Client further acknowledges that dog(s) may be exposed to a variety of environmental conditions which include, but are not limited to, vehicular travel, interaction with people and other animals, exposure to adverse weather, and exposure to areas with crowds and all kinds of traffic.
Client hereby waives and releases HeRo, Consultant, any event location’s agents or owners, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, or contractors from any and all liability for damages or personal injury to him/her, his/her dogs, or his/her property. Further, Client hereby indemnifies and holds harmless HeRo, Consultant, any Event location’s agents or owners, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, or contractors from any and all claims or liability to any third party arising out of Client’s participation at an Event. Any liability to anyone for an incident involving Client, the location, or those pets or actions of other participants and spectators will be Client’s sole responsibility and Client assumes all financial liability and will also assume all and any financial costs associated with his/her actions.
Client agrees that s/he, his/her heirs, assignees and legal representatives will not make claim against, sue, or attach the property of Consultant, her family, acquaintances, or any other person acting on her behalf (herein referred as her "Agents"), for injury or damage done to or by dog(s) resulting from action or negligence, however caused, by Consultant or her Agents. Client forever releases Consultant and/or her Agents from any and all liability and demands which Client, and his/her heirs, assignees and legal representatives may have or may hereafter have for injury or damage to or by dog(s), and assume all risks thereof.
Client and Consultant hereby agree to mediate and/or arbitrate any misunderstanding that may arise pursuant to the terms contained herein. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of costs and legal fees.
Photography and Video Release Authorization (optional)
From time to time, photos and videos may be taken of clients, seminar participants and their dogs during private and group dog training classes, practice sessions, demos, presentations and events organized by HeRo Canine Consulting LLC. HeRo Canine Consulting LLC reserves the right to use these photos and videos for educational and marketing purposes, its website, presentations, etc.
Client hereby grants permission to HeRo Canine Consulting LLC to use photos and videos of him/herself, his/her family and guests as well as his/her dog(s) for the publications listed above.