Hero Canine Consulting Service Policies
Payment, Refund and Cancellation Policy – Individual Sessions, Packages and Group Classes
- Due to the highly dynamic and individualized nature of our services, a non-refundable DEPOSIT of $25.00 for individual sessions is required in order to secure a reservation.
- Remaining balance is payable at the end of each "Pay as you Go" and first behavior session.
- Payment in full is required for all group classes and packages at the time of booking.
- Group classes and package fees include a $25.00 non-refundable administrative fee.
- 4-session packages must be completed within 6 weeks, 8-session packages within 3 months, unless otherwise agreed. Sessions not completed within set time period will be forfeited.
- Cancellations within 14 days receive a full refund minus deposit.
- Cancellations within 7 days receive a 50% refund minus deposit.
- No refund within 72 hours of confirmed appointment/class start.
- No refunds for group classes and packages after the first session. In some situations credits can be transferred to another service.
- Client cancellation must be in writing and will be confirmed by return email. Cancellation will not be valid without a written confirmation of receipt from HeRo Canine Consulting LLC. Client is solely responsible to verify that HeRo Canine Consulting LLC has received their cancellation or rescheduling request.
- Fee for returned checks due unsufficient funds: $30 per transaction.
Payment, Refund and Cancellation Policy - Seminars
- Payment in full is required at the time of registration to reserve a spot in the seminar.
- Full refund up to 45 days prior to Seminar, minus $25.00 administrative fee
- 50% refund up to 21 days prior to Seminar
- No refunds within 20 days of the Seminar
- No refund for no-shows
- Non-working spots may be transferred to another person. The person originally registered is responsible for organizing replacement and must give 24 hours' notice prior to the seminar and provide HeRo with the name, phone number and email address of the replacement.
The person originally registered is responsible for organizing reimbursement.
An additional administrative fee of $25.00 applies, to be paid by check, money order or cash to HeRo Canine Consulting, by the replacement person at the sign-in desk.
- Cancellation must be in writing and will be confirmed by return email. Cancellation will not be valid without a written confirmation of receipt from HeRo Canine Consulting LLC. Seminar registrant is solely responsible to verify that HeRo Canine Consulting LLC has received their cancellation.
- We service the Central Susquehanna area (Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, Union) and Lycoming County within a 20-mile range. Travel within that range is included in our professional fees.
- Mileage fees will apply to clients outside our service area. There is an additional charge of $2.00 per mile.
- Mileage balance due at the end of each session.
What's my mileage?
- We offer a 10% discount for shelter/rescue dogs within 6 months of their adoption. A copy of adoption contract from non-profit 501(c)(3) organization required at the time of reservation/registration.
- All discounts/coupons must be presented at the time of registration, no exceptions.
Client understands that attendance at a canine group class, one-on-one session or event (hereinafter referred to as "Activity") is not without risk to him/herself, members of their family, guests who may attend, or their dog, because some of the dogs to which s/he will be exposed may be difficult to control and may be the cause of injury and/or damage even when handled with the greatest amount of care.
Client understands that Silke Wittig and Lisa Godin (hereinafter referred to as "Consultant") will work directly with him/her and his/her dog to impart contemporary animal behavior knowledge that best fits their needs, and that successful companion pet programs depend on a combination of learned skills on the part of the dog and owner. Behavior is not static; an animal will not continue to perform even trained behaviors without ongoing practice. Especially in cases involving any type of aggression, although behavior may be modified, the dog is never considered "cured". A pet's behavior is ultimately the owner's responsibility. Consultant will make every reasonable effort to help Client attain goals but makes no guarantees of performance on the part of Client or dog as a result of providing professional animal behavior consultation.
Client acknowledges that obedience training/behavior modification may be an activity in which damage or injury to dog(s) and/or persons may occur. Client will assume full financial/moral responsibility for the actions of their dog(s). Client further acknowledges that dog(s) may be exposed to a variety of environmental conditions which include, but are not limited to, vehicular travel, interaction with people and other animals, exposure to adverse weather, and exposure to areas with crowds and all kinds of traffic.
Client hereby waives, releases, and agrees to hold harmless, Silke Wittig, HeRo Canine Consulting LLC, its agents, and/or volunteers, for injury and/or damage which Client, his/her family, guests, or dog may suffer, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage resulting from the action of any dog(s) during the Activity or on the facility grounds.
Client hereby agrees to indemnify, compensate, and hold harmless Silke Wittig, HeRo Canine Consulting LLC, its agents, and/or volunteers from any and all claims that may be asserted against them by any person(s) as a result of any action by him/herself or his/her dog(s) that causes injury and/or damage.
In addition, Client expressly assumes the risk of such injury or damage while attending any Activity, any other function of Organizers, and/or while on the facility grounds or surrounding areas thereto.
Client agrees that s/he, his/her heirs, assignees and legal representatives will not make claim against, sue, or attach the property of Consultant, her family, acquaintances, or any other person acting on her behalf (herein referred as her "Agents"), for injury or damage done to or by dog(s) resulting from action or negligence, however caused, by Consultant or her Agents. Client forever releases Consultant and/or her Agents from any and all liability and demands which Client, and his/her heirs, assignees and legal representatives may have or may hereafter have for injury or damage to or by dog(s), and assume all risks thereof.
Client and Consultant hereby agree to mediate and/or arbitrate any misunderstanding that may arise pursuant to the terms contained herein. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of costs and legal fees.
Photography and Video Release Authorization (optional)
From time to time, photos and videos may be taken of clients, seminar participants and their dogs during private and group dog training classes, practice sessions, demos, presentations and events organized by HeRo Canine Consulting LLC. HeRo Canine Consulting LLC reserves the right to use these photos and videos for educational and marketing purposes, its website, presentations, etc.
Client hereby grants permission to HeRo Canine Consulting LLC to use photos and videos of him/herself, his/her family and guests as well as his/her dog(s) for the publications listed above.